THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, October 5, 2008

My Two Cents on the City of Ember

I really have high expectations for the film adaptation of Jeanne Duprau's masterpiece, City of Ember. A major book fan as I am, I definitely wouldn't want the film to be a poor rip off of this amazing book. There have been lots of great novels turned into films that did pretty outstanding in the box office, but never really stood well against the book's reputation. Worse, some of them should have never been made into a film.

The casting is heaven sent. I think Saoirse Ronan is perfect for the role of Lina with her inquisitive blue eyes and natural acting talent. Harry Treadaway is also an amazing pick for the rebellious role of Doon. Murray and Robbins just fit the bill for their roles in this film. I have no qualms about the casting despite not having seen the film yet. The personalities of the actors just seem to resemble those of the characters they play.

I've seen the trailer, and I have to say I was a bit disappointed that the treatment to the story is a bit out of line. The trailer readily gave away what was meant for the moviegoers to figure out. When the trailer mentioned that it was a city UNDERGROUND, I thought to myself, "so there goes the surprise".

The City of Ember is an intelligently written book, and I am really waiting for October 10 to see if the movie is just as good as the novel. With its powerhouse cast in front and behind the camera, the movie is deemed to give the novel the credit it rightfully deserves.

Blue-eyed princess, Saoirse Ronan, as Lina

Rebellious Harry Treadaway as Doon

0 comments: